Nancy’s Easy Lasagna
Recently, my friend Nancy served this Lasagna and it may well be the best I’ve had. As you know, I only do “easy” and this truly is just that. And Yummy, as well! Try it; everyone will love it!
Nancy’s Easy Lasagna (8-10 servings)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3½ cups (32-oz. jar) thick spaghetti sauce (she uses 48 oz. of Rao marinara sauce)
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups (15 oz. Container) ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 8 (oz.) Skinner Lasagna, uncooked
- Brown beef in 3-quart saucepan; drain off excess fat. Add sauce and water: simmer about 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients for filling, except lasagna.
- Pour about 1 cup sauce on bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Layer 3 pieces of uncooked lasagna over sauce. Cover with about 1½ cups sauce.
- Spread ½ of cheese filling over sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagna, sauce and cheese filling.
- Top with layer of lasagna and remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees 55 to 60 minutes. Remove foil; bake about 19 minutes longer.
- For easier handling, allow to stand about 10 minutes before cutting.
*Lasagna will expand to fill empty spaces.
Note: You may use ½ lb. ground beef plus ½ lb. mild Italian sausageAdd extra Italian herbs to meat, if desired.