Autumn leaves, cooler weather and FOOTBALL! Here’s an appetizer from my friend, Carolyn that is just made for snacking while watching the game or just visiting with friends.
- 1 package regular flavor Tennessee Pride pork sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions (one package of green onions works well)
- 1 – 12oz. jar yellow banana peppers (drained and finely chopped)
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno peppers (drained and finely chopped)
- 16 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 sweet red pepper (finely chopped)
Cook sausage and onion over medium high heat until meat is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. Stir in jalapeno and banana peppers, Cover and cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cream cheese. Cook uncovered until heated through, about 5 minutes or until cheese is well mixed. Fold in red pepper. Transfer into heat resistant bowl. Serve warm with Ritz crackers or chips.