Don’t you love the cooler Fall weather that blesses us with a break between steaming hot and freezing cold temperatures? It’s also a time I think of recipes for yummy, warm comfort foods. Here’s one for you. It’s a from my friend Jeannie’s kitchen. It’s easy, delicious and one the whole family will love.
- 1 large fryer, cooked, boned and chopped
- 10 oz. spaghetti cooked in chicken broth
- ½ c. butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 16 oz. tomatoes, undrained
- ½ lb . grated Velveeta
- Saute onion and garlic in butter; add can of mushroom soup.
- Add chili powder, broth tomatoes and cheese.
- Cook over low heat until cheese melts.
- Add chicken and spaghetti. (Refrigerate overnight if possible!)
- Heat in casserole dish until bubbly. 350 degrees for 30 min.
Makes 8-10 servings.