Baked Polenta with Sausage and Artichoke Hearts
This is one of Martha Stewart’s recipes. I made it this week for our Bible Study Brunch. Everyone liked it and my husband enjoyed the leftovers. Friend and hubby approved! If yours looks like Martha Stewart’s, it looks pretty, too. I couldn’t find a picture to show you. Anyway, it tastes good!
Baked Polenta with Sausage and Arichoke Hearts
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 garlice cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup marinated arichoke hearts, coarsely shopped
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tube (18 ounces) prepared polenta, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (optional), coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and stir in artichokes; season with salt and pepper.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, layer polenta rounds and spoonfuls of sausage mixture. Pour stock over top and bake until bubbling and polenta is pale golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
per serv: 330 cal; 15 g fat (4 g sat fat): 21 g protein; 30 g carb; 4 g fiber