Crumbs – 9-11, A Day in Infamy – Pt. 3, Out of the Ashes
“Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.” Ps. 95:6-7
When we call upon our God, He answers and His Word takes on special meaning as we read it in times of sorrow, pain and/or confusion.
HE CARES AND HE COMFORTS!
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” I Peter 5:7
- “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” II Corinthians 1:3-4
- “Jesus answered, ‘Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:13-14
- “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:4
“Through prayer, we look for ways to understand the arbitrary harm left by this storm and the mystery of undeserved suffering. . . .And in our search, we are reminded that God’s purposes are sometimes impossible to know here on earth. Yet ever as we are humbled by forces we cannot explain, we take comfort in the knowledge that no one is ever stranded beyond God’s care.” Laura Bush
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Ps. 147:3
- “I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick….. “ Ezekiel 34:16
- “Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases. . . .” Psalm 103:2-3
- “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” II Chronicles 7:14
“The time has come to turn to God and reassert our trust in Him for the healing of America. . .our country is in need of and ready for a spiritual renewal.” Ronald Reagan
- “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.” I Peter 2:9
- “The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” Acts 2:39
“When God speaks, oftentimes His voice will call for an act of courage on our part.” Charles Stanley
HE IS SOVEREIGN!
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
“Satan cannot win. Why not? Because he has denied God’s sovereignty and disobeyed God’s law. But Moses was told explicitly, God’s blessings come only from obedience. Satan will not win because he has abandoned God’s tool of dominion, biblical law.” Gary North, American Astronaut
“. . . From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” J.R.R. Tolkien The Lord of the Rings