Ambrosia Cream Cheese Mold – Unforgiveness, Part Two
Here’s another recipe from my friend in San Antonio. Great for summer!
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 15-oz. unsweetened pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 8-oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (can be roasted)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
*You can add various fruits as you like (fresh strawberries, bananas, raspberries, etc.
Soften gelatin in water. Let mixture stand 5 minutes. Drain pineapple and reserve juice; add enough water to juice to make 1 cup. Heat juice ’til boiling, add gelatin mixture. Stir ’til dissolved. Stir in sugar, lemon juice and cream cheese using a wire wisk to blend. Chill until gelatin is partially set. Then stir in fruits and coconut. Place either in a mold or desired dish and refrigerate ’til set.