Cowboy King Ranch Chicken
- 1 chicken (hen) or 4 large chicken breasts cooked and cut up (save broth)
- 1 package (10-12) thin flour tortillas (cut into strips)
- 1 medium onion (chopped fine)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
(Optional: Place layer of tortilla strips on bottom of 9 X 13 dish.)
- Put layer of chicken in dish.
- 2nd layer – tortilla strips
- 3rd layer – sprinkle on onions
- 4th layer – sprinkle on cheese
Repeat the four layers. Mix all the canned ingredients with chicken stock. Pour over entire dish. Cook 350 degrees 45 minutes to 1 hour.